What We Do
We represent anybody who owns a horse. Even if your horse is ridden for pleasure or retired, you will be supporting the industry in some way.
- Represent the Queensland Horse Industry as a united voice to Local, State and Federal Governments.
- Promote education on all matters relating to the Horse Industry.
- Act as a centre for collection and distribution of information in Queensland on any matters relating to the Horse Industry.
- Maintain a watching brief with regard to the welfare of horses.
- Represent allied businesses and service industries.
What have we already done?
- Promoted and developed in partnership with Equine Emergency Rescue the Large Animal Rescue training for veterinarians, police, Biosecurity inspectors, Fire and Rescue, SES, RSPCA and horse owners.
- Vigorously pursued the development of the Hendra Vaccine for horses culminating in the early release under permit in late 2012.
- Worked with Government (State and Federal) to help our Industry recover from EI.
- We have developed an Emergency Response Plan to establish response policies, systems and procedures to be enacted in any future disease emergency. A Disaster Recovery Plan for recovery procedures and organised assistance after natural disasters.
- Worked in partnership with the Queensland DAFF and kept Industry informed.
- Worked with all stakeholders to achieve affordable insurance cover for horse related activities.
- Developed the Horse Industry Code of Practice which is now legislation in Queensland.
- Worked with all stakeholders to implement the HorseSafe accreditation scheme for horse related activities.
To join, download the membership form here - membership form
To contact us:
Increase HORSE POWER - join the QLD HORSE COUNCIL
||International: +61 490292328
Australia: 0490 292 328
||c/- 5 Pamplings Road,
Peak Crossing, QLD, 4306